Have you ever wondered how to remove a debit or credit card from Twitch? Are you worried about your kids buying too many Bits on Twitch? Or are you concerned about having your credit card information stolen if Twitch is hacked?
Well, you’re not alone. I’ve been worried about the same things. That’s why I spent time researching a solution and creating this article.
So, how do you delete a card’s data from Twitch? You can remove a card from Twitch by going to the Twitch website using a web browser, logging in, navigating to Wallet in the main menu, selecting the payment method you want to delete, and then clicking the Delete button.
Yes, it’s that simple. But there’s so much more we can talk about in this article.
In the following sections, I’ll talk about:
- How to remove your credit or debit card data from Twitch using a web browser, in more detail.
- I go into whether or not it’s possible to delete your card data through the Twitch app.
- I explain why it’s a good idea to delete your credit and debit card data from Twitch.
Okay, now you know what we’re talking about. Let’s start with how you can remove a credit or debit card from Twitch in a web browser.
How to remove a credit/debit card from Twitch in a web browser on PC /Mac/Linux/Chromebook
In this first section, we’ll look at how to remove a credit or debit card from your Twitch account on the Twitch website using a regular web browser.
Here’s the method to remove a credit or debit card from your Twitch account using a web browser:
1. Open your favorite web browser and go to the Twitch website.
2. After you arrive at the Twitch website, log in with your email address and password.
3. Once you’re logged in, click the “Account” button at the top right of the browser window. A menu should open on the right side.
4. In this menu, look for the “Wallet” option and click on it. You should be redirected to a new web page titled “Wallet.”
5. Scroll down this page until you see the “Saved payment methods” section. Here you should see a list of all your payment methods.
6. Find the card you want to remove from Twitch. Next to it, you’ll see a Delete button. Click on the “Delete” button.
7. Now, a confirmation window will appear. Click on the confirm button. Your credit/debit card will now be removed from your Twitch account.
In this section, you learned how to remove a credit/debit card from your Twitch account using a regular web browser.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to remove a card via the Twitch mobile app, or if that’s even possible.
How to remove a credit/debit card from Twitch on the Twitch app
In the last section, you learned how to remove a credit/debit card via a regular web browser.
In this section, I’ll show you how to remove a credit/debit card via the Twitch app.
If you use the Twitch mobile app exclusively to watch streamers, you’ve probably noticed that there’s no way to add a payment method to the Twitch app. You can only do that through the Twitch website.
However, buying bits to cheer on your favorite streamers is still possible via the mobile app. But how is that done?
When you buy bits in the mobile app, you usually use either Google Pay or Apple Pay, depending on your phone.
So you don’t even give Twitch your debit or credit card information. You use a third-party payment method to buy Bits. There are no credit or debit card data to delete from your Twitch account.
Have you previously added a credit or debit card through the Twitch website, even though you primarily use the Twitch app? Then I recommend you go back to the Twitch website and follow the method described in the previous section to remove the credit or debit card data from Twitch.
Remember that you’ll need to enter a new payment method if you want to buy Bits or continue subscribing to a particular streamer.
In this section, you learned that it’s impossible to delete a credit or debit card in the Twitch mobile app. The twitch mobile app uses Apple Pay or android pay for Bits and subscription payments instead.
In the next section, I’ll take a quick look at some top reasons why you shouldn’t leave your credit or debit card information on Twitch. I’ll see you in the next section.
Why you should delete your credit/debit card details on Switch.
In the last section, you learned that it’s impossible to delete credit or debit card data from your Twitch account via the Twitch mobile app. Instead, you need to go to the Twitch website to delete your credit and debit card data.
In this section, I’d like to move the article in a slightly different direction and give you a few reasons why you should delete your credit and debit card data on the Twitch website. I’ll go into some of those reasons below.
You can’t spend money accidentally.
The first and one of the most important reasons you should remove your debit and credit card details from Twitch is that you don’t accidentally spend more money on Bits and subscriptions than you intend to.
Like most games, watching on Twitch, cheering on your favorite streamers, and subscribing to streamers is incredibly addictive. Because of the addictive nature of Twitch, it’s easy to spend more money than you intend.
That’s why I think it’s an excellent idea that, after buying Bits, you remove your credit card details from the system.
This means that every time you want to buy more bits, you’ll be prompted to enter a new payment method. This may sound a bit annoying and inconvenient. But spending money should be inconvenient. You don’t want to make it easy to drain your Bank of all its cash reserves, do you?
To save yourself from constantly buying a lot of unnecessary bits, you should make it as hard as possible to make that purchase. And you can do that by deleting your credit and debit card details after every purchase.
That way, you’ll be forced to re-enter your credit or debit card details whenever you want to buy a bit.
Remember, though, that this method won’t work if you have a subscription to a streamer. You need an active payment method on your Twitch account to pay the monthly fee for your subscription.
Hackers can’t steal your card data.
One of the main reasons I remove my debit and credit card information from all websites, not just Twitch, is the threat of hackers.
Major websites, including sites like Twitch, are getting hacked more and more often. That’s why it makes sense to delete your bank and credit card details if you don’t need them on Twitch.
That way, if Twitch gets hacked, the data can’t fall into the hands of hackers.
Deleting your debit and credit card details on Twitch can save you thousands of dollars by protecting you from possible fraudulent activity.
You get into the habit of removing card details on websites.
One last reason you should delete your credit and debit card information on Twitch is to get into the habit of deleting your data on all websites.
In the past, I had a bad habit of signing up for a subscription on one site or buying something on another site and leaving my credit and debit card information.
This left me vulnerable to having my credit and debit card information stolen by hackers. By deleting your credit and debit card information from the Twitch website, you’re getting into the habit of removing that information from all websites.
And that’s the end of the article. I hope you found the above method and tips and tricks useful.
Below I’ve summarized the main points from the article in bullet points, so you don’t forget them.
- You can use a web browser to remove card payment methods from Twitch.
- To do this, log into the Twitch website, go to your Wallet I account, find the card you want to delete, and then click the Delete button.
- You can’t remove a payment method through the Twitch app.
- If you’ve only ever used the Twitch app to buy bits, you’ve done that with Apple or Android Pay. Twitch will then not have a payment method on the account.
- You should always remove your payment details from Twitch when you’re not using them. This is because:
- It prevents you from spending too much money on Bits.
- Stops hackers from getting your card details.
- Get you into the habit of removing your card details from all websites.