A few days ago, a friend of mine, who was playing Skyrim for the first time, managed to steal some Void Salts from a shop in Solitude.
He sent me a text to ask me what he could do to them. Should he sell them or store the Void Salts for later?
Having played Skyrim for over 1000 hours over the last 10 years, I started writing an essay on WhatsApp as to why he should save the Void Salts for later.
Void salts are helpful for Creating powerful items and weapons. Void Salt can be found all over Skyrim in apothecaries and cities. Void Salt can also be scavenged from the corpses of Storm Atronaches.
Having answered his question, I realised many other people must be wondering what to do with Void Salts in Skyrim. So I decided to write this article.
The following sections will look at what void Salt is, where it can be found, how to get lots of Void Salt quickly, and what it can be used to create.
What is Void Salt in Skyrim?
Void salts are rare Crafting materials in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They are associated with Magic, which means you can use them to create powerful staves, scrolls, and enchantments.
Void Salts can also be used to craft powerful armour and weapons. Additionally, the Salt can be used to enhance existing high-level weapons and armour to make them even more powerful.
There are four types of void salts: Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow. These different colours generally represent different magical elements in the game.
So generally, Void Salts have four uses. These include:
- Crafting powerful weapons.
- Crafting powerful armour.
- Crafting powerful magical items.
- Crafting powerful enhancements for your current weapons.
For example, Voids salts are a crucial ingredient when crafting the Storm Atronach and its assosiated items.
Now you know Void Salts are an essential and rare crafting material in Skyrim. But where do you find them?
We’ll take a look in the next section.
Where to find Void Salt in Skyrim
Void salts are an uncommon crafting material in Skyrim. But that doesn’t mean they are difficult to find. There are many ways to get your hands on void salts in Skyrim. There’s even a way of crafting them if you have a high enough level.
There are generally five ways to consistently find Void Salts:
- You can find Void Salts throughout the world in fixed locations.
- Void salts can be dropped by all types of Atronachs, including Storm Thralls and Potent Storm Atronachs. On rare occasions (Very rare in my experience), Falmer drop Void Salts.
- Void Salts can be bought from alchemical merchants. There is a 21% chance of Merchants selling between 1 and 4 samples.
- Void salts can be crafted in The Midden in the Magic College of Winterhold.
- You will need 1 Amethyst, 1 Salt Pile, and Soul Gem to craft Void salts. All three of these crafting ingredients are pretty rare, anyway.
- Void salts may also be found, on rare occasions, randomly in apothecary’s satchels.
You can find Void salts in the following places:
- In Ragnvald Temple, you’ll discover the Void salts on a shelf.
- 3 bowls of Void Salts can be located in Proudspire Manor alchemy lab in Solitude.
- 3 Void Salts can be found in Angeline’s Aromatics (Solitude)
- 2 in Solitude Blacksmith (Solitude)
- 3 in the Blue Palace (Solitude)
- Honeyside alchemy lab in Riften is also home to some Void Salts.
- 1 can be found in Valerica’s Study in Castle Volkihar.
- Hjerim alchemy lab in Windhelm.
- 3 can be taken from the Arch-Mage’s Quarters in the College of Winterhold.
- It can be stolen in Calixto’s House of Curiosities in Windhelm.
- 3 Void Salts can be found in Hjerim (Windhelm)
- 2 Void salts can be found on a shelf in Arcadia’s Cauldron in Whiterun. They are just waiting to be stolen!
- Fletcher in Solitude, on a shelf.
- 2 in Vittoria Vici’s House (Solitude)
- It may be awarded by Narfi at the end of his quest, “The Straw that Broke.”
- It can be obtained at Sky Haven Temple.
- In Sadri’s Used Wares in Windhelm, on the shelves. He also sells this sample.
- 2 in the Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen’s Solar (Haafingar)
There are approximately 49 guaranteed bowls of Void Salts scattered throughout the world of Skyrim. If you need more, you must find them randomly or craft them.
How to get a lot of Void Salts in Skyrim quickly?
As we said above, void salts are an uncommon Crafting material in Skyrim. You can use several methods to relatively quickly get an ample supply of Void Salts.
The best way to get void salts is to first fast-travel tour the cities of Skyrim and visit every place on the list above to collect the guaranteed samples.
This shouldn’t take to you too long to do. Maybe an hour in total.
The next thing you want to consider doing it’s going Atronach hunting. You can find, Atronaches in the wild. However, pinpointing where they will appear in the world can be difficult.
You need to visit high-level dungeons or areas, generally level 30 or above, for them to spawn.
Alternatively, you can visit dungeons with Dragon Priests inhabiting them. Dragon Priests have a chance to summon Strom Atronaches. You can let Dragon Priests repeatedly summon the Atronach. You can then kill the Atronach each time it’s summoned to collect as much Void Salt as you need.
Finally, you can just Craft your own Void Salt in the College of Winterhold. Remember, to craft 1 Void Salt, you’ll need 1 Amethyst, 1 Salt Pile, and a Soul Gem, all of which are rare commodities in Skyrim.
Sadly, other than picking up the guaranteed Void Salts throughout the world, there is no quick way of creating more. It will take time.
What can you craft with Void Salts in Skyrim?
There are four primary uses for Void Salts in Skyrim.
First, you can craft powerful magical weapons, such as staffs with Void Salts. For example, the powerful Staff of the Storm Atronach can be crafted with void salts and some other rare ingredients.
Second, armour can be augmented. The Nightingale Armour, a powerful light armour that can be acquired by completing the thieves guild quest line, can be enhanced using Void Salts.
Third, Powerful magical items, such as the Summon Storm Atronach Scroll, can be created using Void Salts.
Finally, some enchantments can only be imbued on Weapons, armour and other apparel with Void Salts.
In this article, I’ve explained everything you need to know about Void Salts, including where you can find them and what other things you can craft with them.
They have many valuable applications for creating powerful armour and weaponry.
My final word of advice is to remember that Void salts are an uncommon crafting material in Skyrim. If you sell them, try to repurchase them and store them for later use. And be careful how you use them. Don’t go wasting them.
The CareerGamers Newsletter
Sign up for my CareerGamer newsletter and, every month, I’ll send you an email stuffed full of my latest articles, guides, interviews, downloadable resources, news, and more.
Sign up using the form below.
Gaming today is more significant than ever before. No matter how you choose to play, there are plenty of gaming opportunities. Gaming holds more value than the film and music industries combined....
If there’s one career out there that’s set to be lucrative for many years to come, it’s game design. That’s because it’s one of the few industries that isn’t threatened by artificial...