First released by Blizzard in November of 2004, World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that still remains hugely popular. Since its release, WoW has generated over $9.2 billion for Blizzard and has between 9 million and 10 million active players. The latest and ninth expansion pack, World of Warcraft: Dragonflight was released in November 2022. There is a lot to learn and do in World of Warcraft and while fun it can also be taxing. You may want to take a break and play some simple HTML 5 award winning games from budding developers for a few minutes to unwind occasionally.
Character leveling is a big deal in WoW, as it is in many video games. Shadowlands, the eighth WoW expansion reduced the maximum level to 60 but the Dragonflight expansion raised it to 70. Some players may use a video game boosting service to increase their characters level. Some players might check best WoW boosters and carry websites to speed up their character’s leveling process.
Novice WoW Player Character Leveling Recommendations and Tips
For first-time players, especially those new to MMORPGs, World of Warcraft can seem a little overwhelming. The following are a few tips and suggestions for beginners who want to boost their characters level.
- Choosing a Class: This is something many new players spend hours agonizing over. There are 12 classes in world of Warcraft, with each class having between 2 and 4 specializations. Initially, don’t worry too much about the class and specialization, other than choosing one that appeals to you. All classes can easily change specializations and while it may take a little time, you can always create a character of a different class if the initial one isn’t working out for you. Some classes with good leveling speeds include Hunters, Mages and Demon Hunters.
- Take Your Time: Most new players will begin their game at Exile’s Reach located in the North Sea. This is the level 1-10 starting zone and is a great place to start learning the basics of the game and your character. There is always the tendency to want to rush through and get to better parts of the game but you should get the basics down first. Allied races are the exception as they start at level 10.
- Take Advantage of Rested XP: WoW has a rested XP system that rewards players for resuming their games after being absent awhile. It adds to a player’s Experience bar when they are offline and increases the XP gained from killing mobs until the bar is depleted. When a player logs off from a Capital City or Inn, Rested XP is gained at a rate of 5% per 8 hours up to 150% of the player’s level
- Play with a Group: Some people prefer to play solo and there is nothing wrong with that. However, if you are new to World of Warcraft playing with a group makes it easier to level up. If you don’t already have a group of friends to play with, you can join a guild. There is an in-game Guild Finder that allows players to browse guild recruitment messages. Another option is Communities, a WoW feature that lets you join in-game groups separate from guilds.
- Complete Quests: This is basically just playing the games. Questing is one of the best ways to initially improve your character level as it gives you the most XP per hour of play
Boosting Services to Increase Character Level
Increasing your character’s level can take quite a bit of time and effort. One option is to make use of a video game boosting service. Basically, a WoW boost is when a skilled and experienced booster assists a player in achieving their in-game goals for a fee. There are both pros and cons to using a WoW boosting service to improve your character. Some of the benefits of using a boosting service include:
- Save time: Using a booster service a player saves time. As mentioned, it can take a great deal of time to level up a character and acquire the weapons and other gear you need. Some players may not have the necessary free time due to work, school or other commitments
- Level Up Faster: A skilled professional booster is going to be able to level a character up much faster than a beginning player.
- Acquire the Best Weapons and Equipment: A beginner may not know the best equipment for their character or how to get it whereas a good boosting service can get it for you quickly.
However, there are some drawbacks to using a WoW boosting service. Using a third-party to boost your level violates Blizzards terms and conditions and could result in you losing your account. In addition, when a booster is playing for you, then your skills aren’t improving.
Ultimately, the approach taken by a player to increase their WoW character’s level depends on the individual player and what they want out of the game.