As a tactical first-person shooter, Valorant stands out due to its diverse cast of characters, each with their distinct abilities and playstyles. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore every agent, their abilities, and how they contribute to the team.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned player, this guide will help you gain a deeper understanding of the Valorant universe and its colorful characters. Valorant’s agents come from all corners of the globe, each armed with abilities that make them stand out in the heat of battle.
With so many choices, you’re sure to find a perfect match for your playstyle, whether you’re a sneaky ninja or a full-frontal assault aficionado. As of writing this article, there are 21 agents in Valorant, which we’ll be categorizing into Tiers S – D, where S represents the “Supreme” the elitist of the bunch, while D, well, that’s the pinnacle of my high school achievements *sobs*.
So, sit back, relax, and let’s embark on this thrilling journey through the fascinating world of Valorant!
Best Valorant Agents Tier List
Note: This list is based on my personal opinion, no need to get triggered if your main isn’t Tier S in my book.
S-Tier Agents: The Cream of the Crop
- Tailwind: Dash in the direction you’re moving to dodge bullets or close the gap.
- Updraft: Launch yourself upwards to reach higher ground or surprise enemies.
- Cloudburst: Toss a smoke grenade to block sightlines and create cover.
- Blade Storm (Ultimate): Unleash a barrage of deadly throwing knives to turn opponents into pincushions.
Ah, Jett, the poster child of Valorant. This South Korean speed demon is known for her exceptional agility and lightning-fast reflexes. With her abilities Tailwind, Updraft, and Cloudburst, Jett can quickly reposition herself or obscure her enemies’ vision. But the real star of the show is her ultimate, Blade Storm. With a hailstorm of deadly throwing knives, she can turn any opponent into Swiss cheese. Jett is the perfect choice for players with a penchant for fast-paced, high-risk gameplay.
When playing Jett, you’ll feel like a superhero, soaring through the sky and taking down enemies before they even know what hit them. Her high-risk, high-reward playstyle is perfect for those who love to live on the edge and take matters into their own hands. Just be careful not to get carried away – even Jett can’t outrun a well-coordinated team!
- Barrier Orb: Erect an ice wall to block enemy paths or create cover.
- Slow Orb: Toss an orb that creates a slowing field upon impact, hindering enemy movement.
- Healing Orb: Heal yourself or a teammate to keep the fight going.
- Resurrection (Ultimate): Revive a fallen ally, giving your team a second chance at victory.
The “mom” of Valorant, Sage, is the ultimate support agent. With her Chinese medicinal knowledge, she can heal her teammates with Healing Orb, and even bring them back from the dead with her ultimate, Resurrection. Her Barrier Orb and Slow Orb abilities make her a master of controlling the battlefield. While her combat skills may not be as flashy as Jett’s, she’s the backbone of any successful team. A word of warning: pick Sage, and you’ll have your teammates begging for heals all game long.
When you play Sage, you’ll quickly become the team’s unofficial MVP, as your healing and resurrection powers can turn the tide of battle in an instant. However, with great power comes great responsibility – your teammates will be counting on you to keep them alive. So, stay alert, be ready to lend a helping hand, and watch your team dominate the battlefield!
- Globules: Passive ability to gain another charge after a short cooldown.
- Mosh Pit: Throw a duplicating grenade fire.
- Wingman: Blast enemies and fire at targeted spike site.
- Dizzy: Hit enemies with plasma blasts.
- Thrash (Ultimate): Detain and hit enemies in a small radius.
Gekko, a new addition to Valorant, is known for summoning and un-summoning his pets to deal damage to enemies. Hailing from the sunny shores of Los Angeles, California, Mateo Armendáriz De la Fuente (a.k.a. “Gekko”) is the 22nd VALORANT agent to join the party. He’s got a wild posse of four shape-shifting critters – Dizzy, Mosh, Thrash, and Wingman – who used to chill with K-SEC but now prefer Gekko’s company. These funky little friends love hitching a ride in their sash-turned-carrier and are always ready to pop out and lend a paw (or whatever form they’re in) when things get dicey.
With a high pick rate and abilities that can weaken and even kill enemies, Gekko is a strong S-Tier agent. His passive ability, Globule, is especially useful when his other abilities expire. The best part about Gekko is that you can reuse all of his creatures in a single round by simply moving to the orb and picking it. Moreover, his Wingman ability can help you plant or defuse the spike (depending on which side you are) while you fire at your enemies.
- Nebula – Create a smoke barrier to obscure enemy vision.
- Nova Pulse – Unleash a burst of energy that stuns nearby opponents.
- Gravity Well – Pull enemies into a vortex, leaving them vulnerable.
- Astral Form – Enter a different plane to strategize and deploy abilities.
- Cosmic Divide (Ultimate) – Summon a massive wall that blocks bullets and dampens sound.
Originating from Ghana, Astra is a celestial mastermind with the power to control the battlefield from above. As an S-tier agent in VALORANT, she utilizes her cosmic abilities to aid her team and hinder her foes. Astra harnesses the power of the cosmos with her Nebula smokes, Nova Pulses to stun enemies, and Gravity Wells to catch them off guard. In Astral Form, she’s the puppet master of the battlefield, and her ultimate, Cosmic Divide, slices through the arena with a massive wall.
A-Tier Agents: Close but No Cigar
- Hot Hands: Throw a fireball that damages enemies and heals yourself.
- Blaze: Create a wall of fire that blocks vision and damages enemies.
- Curveball: Throw a flashbang that blinds enemies.
- Run It Back (Ultimate): Resurrect yourself if killed during the ability’s duration.
The fiery British duelist, Phoenix, is a fan-favorite for good reason. With his pyromaniacal abilities, he’s a self-sufficient force to be reckoned with. Hot Hands and Blaze allow him to control areas with fire, while Curveball blinds enemies and leaves them vulnerable. His ultimate, Run It Back, gives him a second chance at life, making him an excellent entry fragger. Phoenix may have a burning personality, but he’s not quite as versatile as our S-Tier agents.
Phoenix’s self-sufficient kit makes him a powerful duelist. His fire-based abilities are great for area control, and his self-healing capabilities allow him to stay in the fight longer. With his well-rounded kit, Phoenix is a strong choice for players who enjoy aggressive gameplay.
- FRAG/ment – Deploy a damaging explosive to keep your enemies on their toes.
- FLASH/drive – Blind your opponents with a well-timed flashbang.
- ZERO/point – Suppress the abilities of nearby enemies, giving your team the upper hand.
- NULL/CMD (Ultimate) – Temporarily become unstoppable, with rapid ability cooldowns and an instant revive if downed.
Hailing from the world of advanced robotics, Kay/O is a mechanized combatant built to neutralize enemy agents with precision and efficiency. As a versatile and tactical A-tier agent, Kay/O brings a unique skill set to the team.
This metal marvel rises to an A-tier agent, thanks to his explosive abilities. Packing FRAG/ments and FLASH/drives, he’s got crowd control down to a T. But wait, there’s more! Kay/O’s ZERO/point can suppress enemy abilities, and his ultimate, NULL/CMD, makes him a powerhouse on the battlefield.
- Regrowth: Heal teammates in range and sight with a nifty trinket.
- Trailblazer: Fire a controllable tiger that explodes and damages enemies.
- Guiding Light: Send a hawk that flashes enemies within sight.
- Seekers (Ultimate): Track down the three closest enemies with seeker trinkets.
Coming from the land down under, Nimbin’s own Radiant, Kirra Foster (Skye), is a force to be reckoned with. She spent years duking it out with Kingdom Corp in Eastern Australia, earning the title of “Great Reclaimer” from Sawn Rocks to Kangaroo Valley.
When Valorant came a-knockin’, she was hesitant to leave her homeland, but a chat with Sage and a glimpse of a massive sky rift had her realizing there was a bigger battle to be fought. Now, as Agent #14, Skye’s ready to make waves on the global stage. Crikey!
Skye, the agent who soared up the popularity charts after a huge buff in ACT 3. She’s a trinket-wielding wizard, healing pals and stunning foes with her flashy moves. Give her a chance, and she’ll help the squad swoop in and take out rivals. Her Ultimate, Seekers, is like a GPS for bad guys, leaving them blind as a bat for a solid three seconds.
- Leer: Send out an ethereal eye to blind and disorient opponents.
- Devour: Heal by consuming the soul of a fallen enemy.
- Dismiss: Become briefly invulnerable by consuming a soul, allowing for strategic repositioning.
- Empress (Ultimate): Enhance your abilities and become a deadly killing machine for a short duration.
Zyanya Mondragón (Reyna), a mysterious combatant from Mexico, thrives on devouring her enemies’ souls to fuel her supernatural powers. As an A-tier agent in Valorant, she brings a relentless and fearsome presence to the battlefield.
She can blind foes with her Leer, heal or go invulnerable with Devour and Dismiss, respectively. As if that wasn’t enough, Reyna’s Empress ultimate turns her into an unstoppable killing machine. Enemies, beware!
- Trapwire: Place tripwires that reveal and immobilize enemies.
- Cyber Cage: Deploy a remote-controlled cage that slows enemies.
- Spycam: Place a camera that can reveal enemy positions.
- Neural Theft (Ultimate): Reveal the location of all living enemies after killing one.
Amir El Amari (Cypher) is a Moroccan intel gatherer and the ultimate spy. Cypher’s Trapwire and Cyber Cage abilities are perfect for setting up sneaky traps and controlling chokepoints. His Spycam provides valuable information on enemy positions, while his ultimate, Neural Theft, reveals the location of all remaining foes after a successful kill. Cypher may be a top-tier agent, but his reliance on teamwork and communication can be his downfall in uncoordinated teams.
Cypher is the ultimate intelligence gatherer. His abilities focus on surveillance and setting up traps to catch enemies off-guard. When used effectively, Cypher can provide his team with invaluable information, giving them the upper hand in any fight.
- High gear: Enhanced movement speed and electric slide.
- Fast lane: Summon static electricity walls to block vision and damage enemies.
- Relay Bolt: Concuss enemies and electrify the ground.
- Energy: Consume 1 energy per 0.1 second to use abilities (100 energy total).
- Overdrive (Ultimate): Increased speed, throw lightning beams with increased accuracy.
Hailing from the bustling streets of Manila, Philippines, Tala Nicole Dimaapi Valdez (Neon) is a Radiant with a spark! Her bioelectric powers intertwine with Earth’s radianite mesh, creating quite a shock. A young K/SEC veteran, she was scooped up by VALORANT’s Omega Project to juice up their Alpha-Omega teleporter.
As Agent #19, “Neon,” she’s left her home behind to help the Protocol zap their way over to Omega Earth.
Neon is a Filipino duelist who races through the map with lightning speed. While she may not be as strong or diverse as other agents, her playstyle is fun and adaptable. She relies heavily on her spikes and lightning-type attacks, making her a good choice for attack or defense. Get ready to be electrified!
- Aftershock: Heavy damage through walls.
- Flashpoint: Blind enemies through walls.
- Fault Line: Daze players in a seismic quake zone.
- Rolling Thunder (Ultimate): Daze and knock up players in a line of quakes.
Once a notorious Swedish outlaw, Erik Torsten (Aka Breach) and his crime-loving family were on the brink of getting busted. But, as a double congenital amputee, Erik charmed the judge with his sob story and snagged a lighter sentence. Back to his wicked ways in no time, Erik crafted some rad mechanical arms and took his villainous ventures up a notch. So infamous was he that he had to ghost his homeland and live life on the down-low. Along his journey, he met the talented Brazilian, Tayane Alves, who souped up his arms with carbon-steel titanium plating—now that’s a serious upgrade!
Breach is an excellent offensive agent and a personal favorite. His recent buffs have made his flashes and stuns even stronger, making him great for holding down zones on his own. If you want a solid offensive and above-average defensive agent, Breach is a perfect fit. With dynamic abilities that allow him to damage enemies directly and apply various status effects, Breach is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.
- Trademark: Slow enemies in a trap countdown.
- Headhunter: Equip a heavy pistol with aim-down sights.
- Rendezvous: Teleport between two pre-set anchors.
- Tour de Force (Ultimate): Equip a powerful one-hit-kill sniper rifle and slow nearby players.
Meet Vincent Fabron (Chamber), a Frenchman with a mission so important he’d give up anything to achieve it. This dude’s been around the block, from serving the French military to showing off his sharpshooting skills as a PMC marksman, and finally, designing weapons for Kingdom Defense. But hey, Vincent’s not one to settle—his gig at Kingdom was just a stepping stone on his relentless quest for that oh-so-mysterious sacred truth.
Chamber excels in leading offensive charges and providing backup for his team. As an aggressive recon character, his abilities involve area control and powerful weapons that can deal significant damage. Chamber’s versatility makes him a solid choice for multiple roles in a match, from holding down a site to pushing aggressively for picks.
B-Tier Agents: Jack of All Trades, Master of None
- Owl Drone: Deploy a drone that can scout and reveal enemies.
- Shock Bolt: Fire an arrow that deals damage on impact.
- Recon Bolt: Fire an arrow that reveals enemies in its line of sight.
- Hunter’s Fury (Ultimate): Shoot energy beams that pierce walls and damage enemies.
Hailing from Russia, Sova is the recon expert of Valorant. His Owl Drone scouts ahead and tags enemies, while his Shock Bolt and Recon Bolt fire high-tech arrows that damage and reveal opponents. His ultimate, Hunter’s Fury, is a powerful, long-range energy beam that pierces through walls. Sova’s skills make him a valuable asset, but his effectiveness is largely dependent on map knowledge and well-placed shots.
Sova is a recon expert who excels at gathering information and supporting his team from a distance. His abilities allow him to reveal enemy positions and deal damage through walls. While effective in the right hands, Sova requires excellent map knowledge and precise aim to reach his full potential.
- Prowler: Scout and detect enemy trails.
- Seize: Cast decay for crowd control.
- Terror trail: Passive black trail from Fade to marked enemies.
- Nightfall (Ultimate): Dark mist that trails, deafens, and decays enemies for 12 seconds.
Ever since her release, Fade has been a game-changing force in Valorant. Hailing from Turkey, this Initiator has an impressive and diverse kit that outshines many other agents. Perfect for ranked matches, Fade’s abilities allow her to locate enemies with ease, making her an invaluable asset in both competitive and casual play. Fade is a deadly scout-like agent who could become a top choice for pros and newcomers alike.
- Snake Bite: Fire a projectile that creates a damaging pool of acid.
- Poison Cloud: Deploy a gas emitter that can be activated to create a toxic cloud.
- Toxic Screen: Create a line of gas emitters that form a toxic wall when activated.
- Viper’s Pit (Ultimate): Deploy a large toxic cloud that obscures vision and damages enemies.
The American chemist, Viper, specializes in area denial and control using her toxic abilities. Snake Bite and Poison Cloud create poisonous zones that damage enemies, while Toxic Screen creates a wall of toxic gas to obscure vision. Her ultimate, Viper’s Pit, covers a large area with a deadly toxic cloud that significantly reduces enemy visibility and causes continuous damage. Viper is a great choice for players who enjoy playing mind games with their opponents, but her abilities require precise placement and good map knowledge.
Viper specializes in area denial and control using her toxic abilities. Her abilities can create poisonous zones that damage enemies and obscure vision, making it difficult for opponents to push forward. Viper is a great choice for players who enjoy tactical gameplay, but her abilities require precise placement and good map knowledge to be effective.
C-Tier Agents: They’ve Got Potential, but Need Some Love
- Shrouded Step: Teleport a short distance.
- Paranoia: Fire a shadow projectile that blinds and deafens enemies.
- Dark Cover: Create a hollow, smoky sphere that obscures vision.
- From the Shadows (Ultimate): Teleport anywhere on the map.
The mysterious and eerie Omen is a master of deception and stealth. With his Shrouded Step ability, he can teleport short distances, while Paranoia fires a shadow projectile that causes enemies to lose vision and hearing. Dark Cover creates a hollow, smoky sphere that obscures vision, and his ultimate, From the Shadows, allows him to teleport anywhere on the map. Omen’s abilities are great for catching enemies off-guard, but his utility is often situational, making him a less consistent pick.
Omen is a master of deception and stealth. His abilities allow him to catch enemies off-guard and move around the map undetected. While Omen’s kit can be useful, his utility is often situational, making him a less consistent pick compared to other agents.
- Boom Bot: Deploy a bot that seeks out and damages enemies.
- Blast Pack: Throw an explosive pack that can propel you or your enemies.
- Paint Shells: Throw a cluster grenade that deals massive damage.
- Showstopper (Ultimate): Fire a rocket launcher that decimates everything in its path.
Hailing from Brazil, Raze is all about explosive damage. Her Boom Bot seeks out and damages enemies, while her Blast Pack allows her to propel herself (or her opponents) through the air. Paint Shells, a cluster grenade, deals massive damage, and her ultimate, Showstopper, fires a rocket launcher that decimates everything in its path. Raze’s explosive kit can be a blast to play, but her abilities require impeccable timing and aim to be effective, which can be challenging for some players.
Raze’s explosive kit is all about dealing massive damage. Her abilities can be devastating when used correctly, but they require impeccable timing and aim to be effective. Raze can be a fun and powerful agent to play, but mastering her abilities can be challenging for some players.
- Fakeout: Deploy an echo with footstep sounds, blind enemies if destroyed.
- Blindside: Throw a fragment that flashes players upon impact.
- Gatecrash: Teleport to a pre-placed tether or trigger a fake teleport.
- Dimensional Drift (Ultimate): Drift into an invisible and unaffected dimension.
Originating from Tokyo, Japan, Ryo Kiritani (Yoru) is a Radiant on a quest to uncover his roots. Samurai ancestors and ancient orders have him sneaking into Kingdom’s S22 container port time and time again. On one daring mission, he swiped a mask that let him peek into another dimension!
As VALORANT’s 15th agent, “Yoru,” he’s still drawn to S22, now stopping spike detonations by Omega Earth baddies. Unraveling his past, one dimension at a time!
Yoru is among the least preferred agents by pro-players and casual gamers alike. His abilities aim to trick and outsmart opponents, but they often prove unreliable in use. Recent patches have improved some aspects of Yoru’s kit, but he remains underwhelming overall. If Yoru’s abilities receive a significant overhaul, he may find more favor within the Valorant community in 2023.
D-Tier Agents: More Like “Meh”-Tier
- Incendiary: Launch a molotov that controls chokepoints.
- Stim Beacon: Deploy a beacon that grants rapid-fire to teammates.
- Sky Smoke: Call in smokescreens from the sky.
- Orbital Strike (Ultimate): Call down a powerful laser that annihilates opponents.
This grizzled American commander is all about support and area control. Incendiary is a molotov that controls chokepoints, while Stim Beacon grants rapid-fire to teammates. Sky Smoke deploys smokescreens from the sky, and his ultimate, Orbital Strike, rains down a powerful laser that annihilates opponents. Brimstone’s abilities can be useful, but they lack the versatility and impact of higher-tier agents, making him a less popular choice.
While his abilities can be useful in certain situations, Brimstone is often overshadowed by other agents with more dynamic kits.
- Alarmbot: Deploy a bot that alerts you to enemy presence.
- Turret: Place a turret that provides suppressing fire.
- Nanoswarm: Deploy a swarm of nanobots that deals damage over time.
- Lockdown (Ultimate): Detain all enemies caught in its radius.
The German tech genius, Killjoy, relies on her gadgets to control the battlefield. Alarmbot alerts her to enemy presence, while her Turret provides suppressing fire. Nanoswarm, a swarm of nanobots, deals damage over time, and her ultimate, Lockdown, detains all enemies caught in its radius. Killjoy’s kit is heavily focused on defense, but her abilities can be easily countered or avoided, making her a situational pick. While her gadgets can provide valuable support in certain situations, Killjoy often struggles to make a consistent impact on the battlefield compared to other agents.
- Cascade: Equip a water wave to slow enemies.
- Cove: Equip a water shield to block bullets.
- High Tide: Equip a water wall that slows enemies on impact.
- Reckoning (Ultimate): Create a water pool that hits enemies with geyser strikes and concusses them.
Harbor, introduced in October 2022, is a controller-type agent with water-bending abilities. Varun Batra, aka Harbor, an ex-task force agent who’s now the proud owner of a super ancient, mega powerful artifact that can whip up a watery wonderland out of thin air. This kind-hearted yet fearsome dude used to work for REALM, snatching magical items from the black market and returning them to their rightful peeps. Thanks to his years of battling baddies and being all-around awesome, Varun’s got a rep as a bona fide hero and a living legend.
While his kit seems intriguing, his playstyle is underwhelming, and he struggles with defense. Harbor is best suited for fluid attacks and can be considered meta-defining on one or two maps at most.
Conclusion – Best Agents In Valorant
And there you have it, a comprehensive guide to Valorant agents! Keep in mind that tier rankings can be subjective, and your personal experience with each agent may vary. Ultimately, it’s important to find an agent that suits your playstyle and to have fun while playing the game.
Remember, teamwork and communication are crucial to success in Valorant. As you continue to explore the game, don’t be afraid to experiment with different agents and strategies. Every agent can shine in the right hands.
After all, a true Valorant superstar knows that teamwork, communication, and a positive attitude are the keys to victory. Now, go forth and conquer the battlefield with your newfound knowledge and favorite agent!